Book Week!

This term in library, we have judged books that were shortlisted for the Eve Pownall Award 2018. All the books include lots of information and most of them are based on non-fiction. 

Things that make a good information book are:

• Lots of information
  • Suitable and Appropriate pictures
  • Contrast between colours
  • Appropriate colours

My favourite short-listed book was ‘The Happiness Box’ because there were attractive visuals and    detailed information. The book was also presented in a interesting manner, with a picture of the actual hand-written book attached at the end.

What was your favourite book? And why?

3 thoughts on “Book Week!”

1. Hi Sarah,

What did you learn from The Happiness Box? I’ve heard such good things. I haven’t (yet) read any of the shortlist, but intrigued to look at Make Believe – it looks helpful for a Term 4 Maths unit we do in Year 5!

Mr B.

2. Hi Sarah
    I completely agree a good information book, as to have lots of information, suitable and appropriate pictures. Happiness Box is a good book it was so hard to chose with them all because there were so good. My favourite book was Sorry day because it had so much heart warming moments and spectacular pictures.
    Great job that was a really detail post.
    Hannah

3. Hi Sarah,
    Your blog has progressed a lot since I last saw it. Good job! I really liked The Happiness Box, but the winner in my books would have to be Our Birds. The information was written so that it sounded like you were hearing it from a local, and I loved that about it.
    What did you think about Our Birds?